7 MINUTES IN HEAVEN: LOW-SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH BALLZ
7 Ingredients. 7 minutes or less from bowl to mouth. Sound heavenly? They absolutely are.
RECIPE: LOW-SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH AMAZE BALL (single serving)
These fast & easy snack ballz are a healthy but delish throwback to my days of devouring mounds of raw cookie dough right out of the bowl. They'll satisfy any hankering for a yummy little treat without spiking blood sugar, all while packing a sneaky nutritional punch. Super easy to throw together thanks to a substitution-friendly recipe, the ingredient ratios are also conducive to scaling up to a big batch in just a few minutes. I usually make these as singles because I can't control myself with something that so closely resembles the cookie dough of my childhood, especially if I have the "but they're healthy" excuse. Welp. If you're better off in the willpower department, simply multiply the quantities by the number of ballz you want to end up with :)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 1/2 Tablespoon flax meal
- 1/2 Tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lakanto (monkfruit sweetener) for lowest sugar ballz
- 1/2 Tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Enjoy Life (because allergen free!) dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 Teaspoon sea salt plus a pinch on top (I use Maldon flakes but any salt will do!)
- 1/8 Teaspoon vanilla extract
SEE BELOW FOR EASY SUBSTITUTIONS!
- Get excited about how simple this recipe is.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl with a fork, mashing and stirring until well combined. If dough seems dry, add a tiny bit of filtered water. (If making a large batch, see below).
- Roll into a ball in your hand and sprinkle with a little sea salt.
FOR LARGE BATCHES
- Put all ingredients, excluding chocolate chips, in a food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are well combined. Add water or a little extra nut butter if the dough seems dry.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times more just until incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out heaping spoonfuls and roll into ballz. Sprinkle the top of each ball with a pinch of sea salt.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to a few days, or pop in the freezer for up to a few months!
PSSST. DON'T HAVE OR DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE ABOVE INGREDIENTS? NO BIGGIE. SOME EASY SUBSTITUTIONS:
- No G-Free Flour? Use gluten-free pancake mix, paleo baking mix or oat flour in place of the gluten-free flour.
- No Lakanto? Coconut sugar is a yummy low-glycemic alternative to Lakanto. You can also use organic raw sugar or any granulated sweetener of choice.
- No Sunflower Seed Butter? Any smooth nut or seed butter will work well in this recipe, though less oily alternatives might require a little extra water added to the ballz mixture. I've made this with everything from tahini to Nutzo & it's always TO DIE FOR.
- No Chocolate Chips? Looking to keep the sugar REALLY low? Use raw cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips! Not a fan of either? Throw in some chopped nuts or dried fruit!