CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT RASPBERRY BOWL
THE RECIPE: CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT RASPBERRY BOWL (Serves 2)
This delectable smoothie bowl is a powerful, nutritious start to your morning (or any time of day!) because it's packed with clean protein, healthy fats, superfoods AND some sneaky veggies - all things that fuel mental and physical performance and health. Throw in some collagen to promote gut, skin and joint health and you're covering the "food is medicine" bases too. The best part? You're getting all this goodness in a blended meal that's easy on the digestion while tasting even more delish than that tempting bowl of Cap'n Crunch you were considering.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I love Trader Joe's or Califia Farms in this recipe)
- 1 packet frozen unsweetened acai (I like Trader Joe's brand because there are no additives)
- 3/4 Cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1/2 Cup frozen riced cauliflower (I use Trader Joe's)
- 2 small pitted Medjool dates
- 2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 Scoops Nuzest chocolate flavored Clean Lean Protein Powder (I searched far & wide for a powder I liked in my smoothie recipes & landed on this one, but you can certainly swap for your fave!)
- 2 Scoops Further Food Collagen (Get a discount on their site with my code MISFITWELLNESS10)
- 1 oz (about 1/4 Cup) dry-roasted unsalted hazelnuts (I use Trader Joe's or Whole Foods bulk bins nuts!)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Avocado OR 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- NOTE: Unfamiliar with any of these ingredients? Check out the Misfit Wellness Superfood Glossary!
- I like to top my bowl with a little crunch to make the texture even more fulfilling. Typically I'll do about a teaspoon each of chia seeds, raw cacao nibs, hemp hearts and/or pumpkin seeds.
- Add a couple of frozen or fresh raspberries for an extra pop of color and flavor.
- Put two bowls in the freezer to chill while you gather your smoothie ingredients.
- Put all ingredients (excluding optional toppers) into your high-speed blender. Blend on high until fully combined, smooth and creamy.
- Pour smoothie into your chilled bowls and top with whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!