CROWD PLEASER SMOOTHIE RECIPE: YO BANANA IS NUTS
THE RECIPE: YO BANANA IS NUTS SMOOTHIE
This is one of those smoothie recipes that you'll make over and over again. It's yummy, fast, simple and includes ingredients you most likely already have in your house. Best part? Anyone and everyone goes crazy for the classic combo of banana and nuts delivered in creamy, fulfilling mylkshake form, so you know you'll have happy, full tummies no matter how picky a crowd you're dealing with!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 Cup unsweetened nut milk (this is great with Trader Joe's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk or Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond)
- 1 Tablespoon whole chia seeds or flax seeds
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (plus more for lining the jar or glass)
- 1 Pitted Medjool date (small or use 1/2 if your dates are big and juicy)
- 1/2 Peeled, frozen ripe banana
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- OPTIONAL: 2 Scoops Further Food Collagen (Get a discount with my code MISFITWELLNESS10) and a small handful of organic spinach. You can't taste either, I promise!
- NOTE: Unfamiliar with chia? Check out the Misfit Wellness Superfood Glossary to learn more!
- Smear up to 1 tablespoon almond butter on the inside of a 16 oz. glass or jar. Pop in the freezer to chill while you gather your smoothie makings.
- Put all ingredients into your high-speed blender or Vitamix. Blend on high until fully combined, smooth and creamy, (or use the "smoothie" setting of your Vitamix).
- Pour smoothie into your chilled glass and enjoy!