THIS SWEETY & SPICY CHIPOTLE SAUCE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
THE RECIPE: SWEET & SPICY CHIPOTLE SAUCE (makes about 8 servings)
Thanks to just the right balance of sweet, spicy and tart, I can pretty much guarantee this recipe will become a go-to for spicing up tacos, burritos, buddha bowls, veggies - heck, you can pour it on the bottom of your shoe and it would taste good. You can throw this together in under 10 minutes and there are endless uses for it. Try using it as a marinade on chicken, add a little extra EVOO to use as a salad dressing, or use as-is on any Mexican-influenced dish!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (if you plan to grill with this, use a heat stable oil like regular olive oil or avocado oil)
- Juice of 1 organic lime
- From a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 2 big chilis
- 1 Tablespoon of the gooey adobo sauce from the same can
- 3 Tablespoons honey (I love local raw honey from the farmers market because it has a wonderful flavor)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Slice open the chipotle peppers and remove the seeds. Discard.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Drizzle on everything in sight.