AMAZE-BOWL SMOOTHIE RECIPE: STRAWBERRY ACAI DREAM
THE RECIPE: STRAWBERRY ACAI DREAM BOWL (SERVES 1)
Store-bought acai bowls are usually loaded with more fruit, added sugar and piles of granola than any single person needs to consume in one sitting (unless you're about to run a marathon). This well balanced variation features the same glorious texture of those crave-worthy acai bowls and just the right amount of fruit to add yummy flavor without sending your blood sugar through the roof. And because I believe smoothies should always be nutrient dense AND fulfilling, there is plenty of protein, healthy fat and fiber to make this a powerful, filling and deeply satisfying meal! Oh and you know I snuck some veggies in there too :)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3/4 - 1 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (shoot for one without additives)
- 1/2 packet frozen unsweetened acai (I like Trader Joe's brand because there are no additives)
- 1/4 pitted ripe avocado
- 3/4 Cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 Cup frozen riced cauliflower (I use Trader Joe's) or steamed then frozen zucchini
- 1 Scoop Nuzest chocolate flavored Clean Lean Protein Powder (I searched far & wide for a powder I liked in my smoothie recipes & landed on this one. Get a discount on their site with code MISFITWELLNESS)
- 1 Scoop Further Food Collagen (Get a discount on their site with my code MISFITWELLNESS10)
- Handful organic spinach
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- NOTE: Unfamiliar with any of these ingredients? Check out the Misfit Wellness Superfood Glossary!
- In the smoothie base: 1/2 tablespoon beet powder (this makes the bowl taste dang close to the flavor of a Pressed Juicery Freeze!)
- In the smoothie base: 1/2 Tablespoon mesquite powder for a low glycemic sweetener
- On top: A few frozen or fresh berries to bring out that berry flavor
- On top: 1/2 - 1 Teaspoon each chia seeds, raw cacao nibs, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, crushed nuts...any superfood OR raw or dry-roasted, unsalted nut or seed!
- Put a bowl in the freezer to chill while you gather your smoothie ingredients.
- Put all ingredients (excluding optional toppers) into your high-speed blender. Blend on high until fully combined, smooth and creamy. You're going to need the tamper to push the ingredients down towards the blade with this thick and dreamy recipe, and if you don't have a high-speed blender, you'll likely need to add a little more liquid to get things moving.
- Pour smoothie into your chilled bowl and top with whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!